A classic turquoise and white splatter enamelware mug. These mugs are a little larger than average, for those who like a little bit extra, also perfect for soups and robust enough to endure any family camping trip.
Enamelware offers a unique vintage aesthetic, with the enamel surface being applied by hand, meaning each peice is unique from the last.
- Approximately 9cm x 10cm x 13cm
- Holds 16oz
- Porcelain enamel over a steel base
Enamelware is fired at 1700F when it’s made, so these pieces are always safe to use in the oven or on the stove, grill or campfire.
If your enamelware is left empty on a hot burner or oven, switch off the heat and allow the items to cool slightly before adding liquid.
Remember, enamelware can get very hot or cold to the touch like other metallic-based cookware, so remember to use an oven mitt and / or trivet to protect your hands and surfaces.
Protect your enamelware by drying it thoroughly after each washing or use.
- Don’t use enamelware in the microwave.
- Don’t use abrasive cleaners or hard water stain removers.
- Don’t use sharp edged metal utensils on your enamelware or it will scratch.
- Don’t allow enamelware items to boil dry when using them on the stovetop as that may damage the enamel surface.
These pieces are all dishwasher safe, and a soap-filled scouring pad or sponge can remove stains and burned on grease – don’t use abrasive cleaners or hard water stain removers as they may dull your shiny piece.
If you do experience a little rusting, try the following method:
- Place 2 tablespoons of baking soda and a squeeze of lemon juice into the item.
- Add water and bring to a boil.
- Let cool and wash thoroughly before using. Good as new!
- As with any well-loved and hard-working piece, some scratching and dulling is likely to occur over time.